Canada is a unique place in many ways – its laws are different from the laws in most other countries, the positive, friendly attitude of Canadians amazes visitors and its natural environment has some sites that you will never see anywhere else. Here are a few things that you never knew about Canada and are likely to surprise you:
- Canadian police departments hand out tickets not only to drivers who have broken a traffic regulation – they also hand out positive tickets when they see people doing something good;
- There are more lakes in Canada than in the rest of the world combined and the country also boasts the world’s longest coastline. The hydrovac services Canada has is top notch, preserving the beauty of the land;
- The name of the country comes from the Iroquoian word that means “village”;
- There are large territories in the country where gravity is weaker than in the rest of the world;
- Canada is the world’s second largest country by total area (after Russia), but it has fewer inhabitants than Tokyo;
- Canada is the most educated country in the world – university and college education has very high standards in the country, but is affordable, that’s why over half of the country’s adult population carried at one degree of higher education.